Sports trading software, better known as Betfair software or betting exchange software, is an indispensable tool for professional betting exchange trading. The software allows bets to be placed faster than on the operator's site and with a single click of the mouse. For sport traders, this is an indispensable tool: it is impossible to think of trading with a website!
Software is a necessary tool for trading on odds, but if a bettor only needs to place a simple 'bet', then he does not need the platform but can use the operator's website alone. Orders (back and lay) within the betting exchange can essentially be placed using three different channels, which are:
- website of the betting exchange platform: a slow system in the search for the market, laborious to insert the bet (opening the panel, writing the amount using the keyboard, and double confirmation of the bet), and updating of the odds that occurs every few seconds.
- Mobile application: this type of operating channel with the large-scale introduction in recent years of smartphones and tablets is spreading exponentially. It has the advantage of being able to trade anywhere, for example at a restaurant when you have the chance to watch the game to 'adjust' your bet, or while travelling. Trading with mobile apps is not recommended.
- sports trading software: an indispensable tool for trading and scalping on odds, you can place orders with just a click of the mouse. We will examine the best worldwide betting exchange platforms operating on betfair.com ( betting exchange softwares are currently almost all compatible with this operator and therefore it would be more correct to speak of Betfair platforms ), Betflag and Matchbook.
How they work
Sports trading software are third-party applications that replace the trader's site and allow an order to be placed with one click or automatically. The software is an interface that works with the servers via api. It is reiterated that from the point of view of seconds of delay, there is no difference between site and application.
Software has no access whatsoever to the customer's data and operations. The login within the software is done directly within the servers of the chosen operator. The application used is merely a visual interface: the information, order entry delay, odds, etc. are the same as on the website. What changes is the functionality, the speed of updating and execution, which are clearly superior.
There are two types of software:
- application to be installed on one's own computer via an executable software. This is the fastest and most performing solution.
- cloud application that works via browser.
At Betfair.com there are basically two types of order routing within Betfair's servers:
- UK customers send orders directly to Betfair's servers in Ireland;
- international customers send orders to Betfair's servers in Ireland but first have two steps on Malta due to bureaucratic and tax issues (more on this in another article).
There are different betting exchange platforms or software and each is designed for a certain target clientele, with certain specific functionalities or performances that differentiate them from one another. Each trader will have to choose the best platform according to his or her operations (scalping, trading, position strategies, simple betting). There is no such thing as a better platform than the others, but there are platforms that are better performing or easier to use for a certain trading style.
Difference between platforms and software
The term betting exchange platforms basically refers to two aspects:
- betting exchange platforms understood as technological and network infrastructure, consisting of a number of servers that constitute and enable the system to function. Betfair has called its platform the Betfair exchange;
- betting platforms or software necessary to be able to send bet and bank orders to the market quickly and at the click of a mouse. In this article we will address this aspect.
How to choose sports trading software
There are many Betfair software packages, each with its own features and functionality. The choice of software can be compared to that of a car. You have to find the one that best suits your needs in terms of operation, knowledge of web applications, cost and on which exchange it is available. All available software works on Betfair exchange but not on other exchange platforms.
In the table below we outline the features, functions and functions of the main betting exchange software available on the world.
|Functions and features||Main use||User-friendliness||Exchange|
|Traderline||separable Ladder, Dutching, Charts, PIQ||scalping, strategies||Easy to use and set up||Betfair.com, Betfair Italy, Betfair Spain|
|Geeks Toy||separable Ladder, inplay interface, dutching, PIQ||scalping, various strategies||For more advanced users, many settings||Betfair.com, Betdaq, Matchbook|
|Bet Angel||Ladder, bookmaking, Soccer Mystic, Tennis Trader, DDE||complex strategies, bookmaking, advanced tools||For advanced users, advanced tools||Betfair.com, Betdaq|
|Betting Assistant||Ladder, Dutching, DDE||scalping, strategie, DDE for Excel||Simple to use||Betfair.com, Betdaq|
|MarketFeeder||Trigger for strategies, DDE, simulation||Automatic Strategies||Intermediate, for automation||Betfair.com|
|Fairbot||Ladder, dutching, automation||Strategies and automations with internal tools||Simple to use||Betfair.com, Betdaq, Betfair Italy|
The advantages of using betting exchange software are many and countless, and I recommend its use to anyone who wants to do things professionally. The site is to be used by those who make only a few trades a day and are not very computer savvy.
The cost of the software is within reach of all those who want to do things seriously in this sector.
Speed in placing and modifying bets. All at the click of a mouse.
Odds with a minimum refresh rate: for some, the refresh rate is 20 milliseconds.
Vertical ladder: all information and options are above.
Automated trading: it is possible to automate the sending of bets to the market with special bots.
Cashout from software automatically and at the desired odds!
It does not work on smartphones and one must use either the website or application if available.
Sometimes there is a blockage of the bees and the software does not work. It is necessary to use the site as a backup.
Winning screens cannot be edited. Clowns cannot use them as they cannot edit the screens they put on social. Those who use the site to put up the screens qualify themselves.